Confused Rogue (prototype)
A downloadable game for Windows
version 0.2.1 (prototype)
by Matt Glanville (@CrowbarSka)
How to play:
- Fight through barbarians to get to the exit!
- Click the commands displayed across the bottom to use them.
- Don't get backed up against the left side.
- Don't die.
- Each available action gets re-shuffled each time you use it.
- Enemies advance a step every time you pick a command, so try to keep moving forward in ways that minimise taking damage.
- Confused Rogue is a small game I prototyped over the course of 2 days (then tidied it up a little bit later).
- It's inspired by the Roguelike genre but simplified to 1D movement and with a deck of available commands that is shuffled after every move.
- I'd like to revisit the idea at some point and expand it out into something longer, but for now it's just a little prototype.
- I wrote a little bit about the design here.
|Tags||1d, Fantasy, Perma Death, Pixel Art, Procedural Generation, randomised, Roguelike, Turn-based|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, High-contrast, One button, Textless|
This game is currently unavailable