A downloadable level
A single-player level for Half-Life 2: Episode Two by Matt Glanville.
27th June 2016
This level is a greybox block-out, but is playable start to finish.
My main focus was creating challenging combat scenarios that provide a variety of options for the player, as well as a rough overarching goal.
The level only includes very basic visuals, no lighting, and may contain bugs. I hope you enjoy it all the same!
Current progress status
- Level blockout - Done
- NPCs (first pass) - Done
- Items (first pass) - Done
- Logic (first pass) - Done
- Intro - 0%
- Outro - 40%
- Textures (first pass) - 20%
- Lighting (first pass) - 0%
- NPCs (final) - 80%
- Items (final) - 20%
- Logic (final) - 0%
- Lighting (final) - 0%
- It's a fairly combat-heavy level, aimed at experienced players. I recommend Normal or Hard mode.
- The level has some autosaves but you might want to use quicksave as well.
- I've tried to keep combat open and flexible, allowing players to use a variety of methods to resolve conflicts. It pays to be observant of your surroundings.
Please leave a comment to let me know what you think!
- Copy the files into your Episode Two "maps" directory, typically found here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\ep2\maps
(This might be different depending on where you installed Steam and/or Episode Two.)
- Run Half-Life 2: Episode Two.
- Open the console by pressing the ` key (you might need to enable it in Options first).
- Type "map casimir" (without quotation marks) and hit Enter.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.