The Popup Update (v0.31)
More popups = more information = well-informed tactical decisions
The game now shows you some noteworthy scores from the Steam leaderboard* to give you something to aim for. It will try to pick scores from your friends, other players who are just above you and the player who has the #1 spot.
* requires you to be running the Steam version, obviously. Every purchase on itch.io includes a free Steam key!
Lots more popups that appear next to your mouse cursor when you hover it over menu items. These aim to explain some of the more ambiguous or complex icons and options.
More Popup Options
Don't like the aforementioned popups? You can turn them off. In addition, you now have more control over which types of popups to want to see throughout the game, so experienced players can hide distractions explaining things they already know.
Improved Upgrade Info
When you're upgrading your players at the end of each stage, you can now see more helpful information about what each upgrade will do.
- 'Teaser scores' appear between stages.
- 'Menu popups' appear next to your mouse cursor when hovering over many different menu items, explaining what they do/mean.
- More options for which popup types you want to see.
- Improved player upgrade popup. It now displays more information (including the before and after values of the stat you're upgrading).
- New Recruit popup uses icons and is generally easier to read at a glance.
- Player upgrade buttons now display current stat and icon on the button itself.
- Tweaked some Perk descriptions.
- Tweaked some Ball Modifier descriptions
- When hovering cursor over the tile that the Ball is on, the tile popup now displays information about the Ball Modifier you're using.
- Current score is now displayed on Stage Start and Team Info screens.
- Options menu is now a sub-menu of Pause menu.
- Team name is now displayed on stage results screen.
- Team name is now displayed in the preview text when choosing to continue a saved game.
- Popups now have a coloured outline.
- Renamed 'Wall' to 'Rock' in the popup.
- Hovering mouse over a fully-upgraded perk upgrade button no longer displays an empty popup.
Get Dungeon Deathball
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.