💀🏀 Dungeon Deathball - OUT NOW!
I'm thrilled to announce that Dungeon Deathball has graduated from Early Access to full release!
Version 1.0 includes many improvements and new features, so be sure to download the latest update before hitting the deathball pits. Read on below to find out what's new in v1.0...
💾 Updating save data from earlier versions
- If you've been playing recent Early Access versions of the game then your save data and leaderboard scores will carry over to v1.0 automatically.
- If you last played before v0.27.0 (April 2021) then unfortunately your old save data will be incompatible with the latest version. The game will automatically delete your saves and start afresh. Regrettably, there was no way to preserve this old data as the structure of the game code changed too much during development.
- Steam Cloud was enabled recently. If you were playing the game on multiple PCs before 9th October you may need to resolve cloud save conflicts. Steam will prompt you when you start the game.
❤ Thank you
A sincere and heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who has supported development along the way, whether that was buying the game in Early Access, supporting me on Patreon, leaving reviews, sharing feedback, posting videos, or telling friends about it... It all means the world to me.
As a one-man development team, that is the stuff that keeps me going so.... thank you. 🥰
I hope you enjoy the game!
👋 Follow me!
To stay updated with any future releases...
If you want to discuss Dungeon Deathball or any of my other games, you can join my Discord.
What's New in v1.0
- 7 new music tracks which are unlocked by completing different game modes. They will unlock automatically if you have already completed each mode.
- Added 'desperate' music when you go over par.
- Added 'triumphant' music for when you start performing well on a stage. It can also carry over to the results screen if you continue to do well.
- More hairstyles for human players.
- Bulldozer perk changes: it no longer stuns enemies, it's cheaper to unlock, and the stamina cost now depends on each attack's distance.
- Team Gazelles now uses Vitality perk instead of Energise.
- Team Pacifists have +3 stamina (raised from +2).
- Powerball perk is slightly more expensive.
- Previewing a ball shot against another human player now shows where they will be pushed to.
- The random seed used for your run is now displayed on the final results screen.
- Updated credits.
- Clarified the way the Speed Bonus text is displayed on the stage results screen.
- Improved speed bonus and gem bonus descriptions when you mouse over them on the stage results screen.
- Increased the volume of Brutolith and Maw sound effects.
- Changed menu 'cursor move' sound to something less bassy.
- Pressing 'back' buttons in menus now plays a different sound.
- The screen no longer dims when it loses focus (it can make it hard to take nice screenshots).
- Updated quit screen.
🐛 Bug Fixes
- Steam Cloud is now enabled for all non-developer players (oops).
- 'My Perk Here is Done' achievement no longer unlocks if you only have one player alive.
- Attack popups no longer display behind the stage info GUI.
- Turn countdown board no longer renders behind the prison bars from certain camera angles.
- Scollbar in Team selection menu is now a reasonable speed.
- Selected button outline no longer displays off the top of the scrollbar in the Teams menu.
- Previewing ball shots against Sascatches no longer shows that they will take damage.
- Using 'Take' no longer causes the ball to revert back to its default appearance.
- 'Pass' button is longer visible behind the 'Take' button when it's held down.
That's all! If you find any bugs please report them using this form.
Get Dungeon Deathball
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.