Update 0.8 - Perk System & Interface Improvements
The first Early Access update is here!
Now your new recruits can come with a special ability which automatically affects the way they perform in Deathball.
The list of available perks will be expanded in future updates, but right now there's just a small sample to test the waters (see changelist below).
You can see which perk a slave has when you're choosing to recruit them. Oh, and you can now choose between 2 slaves when recruiting!
The player info panels (in the top-left corner of the screen) have been overhauled! I wanted to make Action Points a little more noticeable, and make some space to show what Perk each player has.
I also added a little mini-portrait so it's easier to see who's who.
You also have 2 new ways to switch control to the second player: you can click their panel, or simply press Tab on your keyboard. No more getting stuck on a player when the one you want is at the other end of the field!
- Added Perk system. Each player can have one perk from a list of 3 (Increased Damage, Reduced Stamina Costs, or Stun).
- Starting team has no perks. Given that Stun is now a perk, your players can no longer stun enemies by attacking them unless they have that perk.
- 'New Recruit' screen now offers 2 different slaves, one with a perk (expensive) and one without (cheap).
- Quit button now has a confirmation step during gameplay.
- You can now switch control to the second player by clicking their icon or pressing the Tab key.
- Player info panels have been overhauled: they now show a mini-portrait and the player's perk, and the Action Points icon is more prominent. You can also click the panel to switch control to that player.
- Players flash white briefly when you switch control to them to make it more clear who's now the controlled player.
- The spectating slaves have been dimmed a little.
And if you're enjoying the game, please remember to leave a review! It really does help boost visibility, and that is priceless!
Get Dungeon Deathball
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.