Quality-of-Life Improvements (v0.33)
Hey folks! 👋
Apologies for this update taking longer than usual to get out. I took a week off to see family and rest after a long, intense period of work. I also took part in GMTK Game Jam last weekend which disrupted my schedule a little more. And then finally, much of the work I was doing on Dungeon Deathball was not directly related to adding stuff to the game itself, but for the Steam store page instead.
✨ Lots of quality-of-life improvements for menus and displays.
⏩ Optimisations to improve performance.
🔒 Changes to how Teams are unlocked/viewed.
🌍 Localisations for the Steam store page into a bunch of additional languages.
Please note: I have no plans to localise the actual game itself at this stage as it's a huge undertaking. If there is a high demand for languages other than English please let me know and I'll consider it for post-release.
Here's the full
rundown of what's new...
- Localised text for Steam store page (Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Russian, Spanish).
- Jingle when one of your players dies.
- Some Teams now require certain Achievements to be unlocked before you can unlock them.
- Your current Team is automatically selected when you open the Teams menu.
- 'Change Team' menu is now locked until you earn your first Skull Key.
- 'Change Team' button now displays a small icon if there are new teams available to unlock.
- Optimised many special effects for better performance.
- Redesigned the 'New Game' screen layout.
- New Game screen now displays your current team's high score and stage completion progress.
- A warning is displayed if you accidentally close the Team Management screen (after completing a stage) if you are still able to purchase more upgrades or recruit new players.
- You can now skip the short 'door opening' cutscene that plays when you start a new game.
- Jingles now duck the music volume while playing.
- Player Preset slots (in the Teams menu) now show tooltips specific to the Class and Perk that they are assigned, rather than more generic ones about how they work. The old information is now in its own popup for the preset background.
- Reduced default volume levels.
- Fixed crash when opening Team menu.
- Fixed crash when trying to push an enemy out of bounds with an upgraded Knockback perk.
- Fixed title screen music not playing when you quickly skip the intro sequences.
- Fixed Skull Keys unlocking for the wrong team in Daily Challenge mode.
- Teaser scores no longer display an empty "Rank" text in non-Steam builds.
- Fixed volume sliders showing incorrect value until you interact with them.
- Fixed Full Screen Mode tick-box not returning to correct value after restoring defaults.
- Fixed the Team name appearing too soon on the Stage Results screen.
Get Dungeon Deathball
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.