Update 0.10 - Perk Unlock System
Friday's update 0.9 added an aggressive new swarming enemy, which made the later stages... uhh... a little difficult.
Some players' feedback suggested that I reduce the difficulty, that it was too much. But, being stubborn as I am, I refused. But with good reason! That reason being...
The Perk Unlock System
In this update, your players can permanently unlock a Perk which gives them invaluable bonuses (Perks were added in update 0.8).
Each Star you earn in a stage counts towards all players' next unlock (provided they survive the stage). So better performance allows you to race ahead and unlock them faster.
There are a variety of useful Perks, and some of them can be upgraded to level 2 or level 3. Not to mention, this update also comes packed with...
There are 3 new Perks and 2 extra levels for existing ones. See what new tactics you can come up with using them!
Reduces the AP cost of resting, so players can rest at the start of their turn then perform an action.
Increases the number of squares you push enemies when you attack them.
Increases the damage and knockback distance of the ball when you Shoot it at enemies.
In addition, the pre-existing Strength and Stamina perks both have Level 3 versions with increased bonuses.
The new Power Nap perk in action (although... poor Dan is still doomed... Your tactical skills are surely better than mine).
- Added Perk Unlock system:
- Players unlock a Perk if they survive long enough.
- The number of Stars you earn in a stage count towards the next unlock for all surviving players.
- Some Perks can be upgraded to level 2 or 3.
- Added new Perks:
- "Power Nap" reduces the AP cost of resting, so players can rest at the start of their turn then perform an action.
- "Knockback" increases the number of squares you push enemies when you attack them.
- "Powerball" increases the damage and knockback distance of the ball when you Shoot it at enemies.
- "Strength" perk has a level 3.
- "Stamina" perk has a level 3.
- Ball 'Shoot' action now does 2 damage as standard (increased from 1).
- Recruiting new players is more expensive if they already have a Perk unlocked.
As always, I appreciate your feedback on these new changes. You can reach me on any of these channels:
And please remember to Rate & Review!
Thanks, I hope you enjoy the game!
Get Dungeon Deathball
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.